Have you seen the new Nuvo alcohol marker sets released by Tonic Studios? There are 9 new sets of 3 markers each. In this blog post I am going to show you all the new colors, we will swatch them together and we will see how markers from the same set blend together.
the first release
The first sets were released about a year ago and I shared my review on them HERE along with a video. The colors you were able to get in sets back then are shown in the photo below :
There were also another set called depth & shadows including a blender, a black and a light grey for shadows. And finally a metallic set called supreme metallics of water-based markers including a copper, gold and silver (all shiny).
Here is how their color wheel looked up to now:
In my review back then I shared how all the sets blend and a couple of issues I had with the labeling on the barrels. Check out that post to find out all about it.
the new release
Here is how their color wheel looks with the new colors added:
In the picture above you don’t see a swatch of the new aquamarines! As much as I love these colors they were sold out when I ordered the new markers so I have to wait a few more days before I complete my collection. But here is a photo of those yummy colors since you can’t see them above
What is great with the new released markers is that they have addressed the labeling issues I had with the first ones! Now the barrel has a color swatch and the number on top which makes them easy to use and put the correct caps back on!
In the photo below you can see a swatch on how markers from the same set blend together. I am really happy with the colors and I believe that the new sets added must have colors and completed their color wheel nicely.
points to consider
- a set comes with 3 colors that they blend nicely together, so no guessing here!
- there are 57 markers plus the metallics and the depth and shadows sets
- their price range is way lower than copics. You get 3 for less than $6. So if you are a beginner or if you don’t want to invest too much on markers they are a great way to go.
- they are not refillable
- they come with a chisel tip and a fine tip
- no brush nib here … would love to have that instead of the chisel tip that I almost never use
- the tapered shape helps you find the nib you want at a glance
- they are not round so they don’t roll all over the place
- alcohol markers blend with any brand of alcohol markers you already have provided they are close in shades. Don’t be afraid to mix and match them or to grab a couple of sets to expand your current collection of any brand.
- use alcohol friendly paper for best results such as (see suggestions of papers in the supply list below)
- stamp with alcohol friendly inks to avoid smudging while coloring in (see suggestions of black inks in the supply list below)
If you want the color chart to print and swatch your markers it is available by Tonic Studios in their facebook group here. You will find there a ton of other swatch charts on their products !!!
You can watch the video below or at my YouTube channel here
Links to multiple online shops linked below. Click on the little icons below the image to check current prices in different shops. You will find links to both US and UK shops. Affiliate links used at no extra cost to you.
Thank you for visiting and have a lovely day !