Welcome to a fun blog hop! A new set of brush markers by Altenew has just been released and we celebrate with an inspirational blog hop and lots of giveaways.
- You should have arrived here from the Altenew Card Blog
- The next stop is my amazingly talented friend Kathy Racoosin
The set comes with 10 brush markers in all the colors of the rainbow. It;s a great addition to your collection if you have their first set but if you don’t it’s a great way to start since it has all the basic colors you need!
And here is my card using these markers!
You can enjoy the video below or at my YouTube channel
I used one of the gorgeous flowers from the Inked Flora Stamp Set ( ALTN | SSS ). Love those sketchy lines and the artist look and feel to it. Plus they pair up beautifully with the watercolor look. Fo rcoloring everything I used only colors from the Watercolor Brush Markers – Winter Wonderland Set( ALTN | SSS ).
Notice that I didn’t care going outside the lines. I think it adds to the loose watercolor look I was going for. But you can always be neater and remember that if you emboss your image then you have separated areas to work with. This will ensure that your colors will not bloom into each other between petals … depends on the look you are going for.
I combined a couple of green shades for the leaves and I did the same with reds for the petals. I worked on watercolor paper and the markers blend and bloom beautifully! As my background I used a patterned paper from the Verdant Walk 6×6 Paper Pack( ALTN | SSS ). Those black brush strokes on that paper really complete the look.
Links to multiple online stores provided below. Affiliate links used at no extra cost to you.
There are many ways to win prizes:
- Leave me a comment below for a chance to win $20 gift certificate. The winner will be announced on my winners page by 1/16/2019
- Altenew is giving away a $40 gift certificate to six lucky winners! For more details please visit Altenew Card Blog
- There are more giveaways on every stop of the blog hop!
The next stop on the blog hop is my amazingly talented friend Kathy Racoosin